Contact
Apply
Request Info
Bulldog Account

Brittney Shoulders 

Back to Business

Horizon Fund, Horizon: Retro Purses | October 6, 2011 | Comments Off

Hey everyone!

Here we are again back in school. We are coming up on midterms, and we are all realizing how quick this semester is already going by.  I think we all need to stop and take a minute to breathe!  Ha! I definitely needed that moment to calm down. Well I am slowly getting excited and relaxed at the same time thanks to things that are in the work with the retro purse business. 

Summer was not as successful as I had hoped it would be.  I did not have the access to a sewing machine as I first thought I was going to.  Instead some other things happened.  I got the opportunity to talk to some family friends at home and get advice on how to go about turning Cherry Doll into a real licensed business.  I also had to opportunity to visit a friends automotive upholstry shop.  He is on board with my idea and supplied me with an entire catalog of material options.  I am now able to order a very broad range of colors and styles of vinyl from home. 

Within the first week of school I was approached by some members of the Horizon Fund committee, and they seemed excited to talk more about where the company is going.  This week I had the opportunity to meet and sit down with the new Director of Entrepreneurship, Kori Gregg.  She is amazing! She is a great person to talk to for anything that has to do with new ideas and how to carry out the idea.  She is now helping me obtain a business license, and getting the company and purses trademarked.  I’m excited!  This thing that was once a dream is slowly becoming a reality, and I could not be more happy. 

Anyways, I just wanted to give a little update on what has been going on recently, so I will write again soon!